Welcome

Wallpapers, forum avatars, forum signatures, and photoshop!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Assignment 12: Thinkin'

          This class have amazed me as I continue to take it. In the beginning of the quarter, I would set a straight path to my final work, and immediately do it. I wouldn't give as much as 10 minutes to think about my theme, nor give my work a break. As I progress, however, I take more breaks from the work, and start thinking, or sometimes, just for the purpose of taking a break. Yesterday, when this assignment was assigned, I couldn't think about what should I create that show thinking at all. I took a break from everything, and enjoy watching The Lord of The Rings that was playing in class. Then, at the end of the class, an idea hit me. The image you see on the left side of me took me only 3-4 minutes to make, but it took me the whole class to think... truly fitting for an assignment that promotes thinking.

          This assignment have been my favorite so far. I watched The Lord of The Rings almost all the way through this assignment. I learned that an idea will come when it does, and I have also learned that many pictures aren't necessary to form a nice image. This image, originally is way less simple than it is, but all I changed it so much using only 2 layers and minimal effects.

          My least favorite assignment was my first. That, however, does not means that I dislike it. It is only my least favorite because it is my worst.

         I have learned the use of many tools and found myself many new techniques. But I will not talk about them. Why? Because I will talk about something I have learned that I consider more important. I have learned to have more patience, I have learned that rushing through with your work isn't the best way. I have learned to take a break and think about what I can do. These qualities will surely come in handy in the future.

          My works have never cease to amaze me. For example, this work (Read why from above - -) and there are a few pieces of works that turned out so much better by accident. It is amazing how much different things can look from one little accident.
















Andrew G
I have visited Andrew G's blog. This picture inspire me because it was only his 3rd artwork, yet he managed to improve so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment